This recipe should complement the flavors of Foyt Wines #61 Pinot Noir beautifully. Enjoy your meal and the wine!
For the Red Wine Reduction:1 cup Foyt Wines #61 Pinot Noir1 cup beef or vegetable broth2 tablespoons unsalted butterSalt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. combine the Dijon mustard, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Season the lamb racks with salt and black pepper, then brush the mustard and herb mixture over the meaty tops of the racks.
4. Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the lamb racks, meaty side down, for about 3-4 minutes until nicely browned.
5. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the lamb for 15-20 minutes for medium-rare or until the desired level of doneness is reached.
6. While the lamb is roasting, prepare the red wine reduction. Combine the Foyt Wines #61 Pinot Noir and broth in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the butter—season with salt and black pepper to taste.
8. Once the lamb is cooked to your liking, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing it into individual chops.
9. Serve the Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb with the red wine reduction drizzled over the top. You can also pair it with your favorite side dishes like roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables.
© Copyright 2024 Foyt Wine Collective. All Rights Reserved.